Robert Half International IT Network Manager in YONKERS, New York
Positions Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
• Responsible for supporting, configuring, maintaining and upgrading networks and servers.
• Responsible for supporting iSeries AS/400 software applications developed in past years with noticeable changes in programming technology.
• Responsible for troubleshooting user’s technological concerns, including desktops, laptops, multifunctional printers, mobile devices and network connectivity.
• Responsible for hardware deployment, ongoing software installation, asset inventory and management, and ensuring that all company desktops are set up and maintained within required specifications and company standards.
• Research, recommends and coordinates with departments and users regarding installations of computer programs and systems.
• Resolves Trapeze application questions or problems in the areas of database, system configurations/setup, product functionality and business enhancements.
• Provides educated recommendations to repair and replace equipment.
• Create development “bug” reports, FAQ’s and knowledge base articles as appropriate.
• Ensure network security and connectivity.
• Analyzes current and future business networking needs.
• Involved in any additional follow up testing and troubleshooting.
• Liaison for interacting with vendors.
• Install standard upgrades/updates/patches/releases as necessary, investigate, research, replicate test and resolve issues in a timely manner (off hours upgrades required).
• Prioritize, balance, multitask competing issues with deference to urgency, length of outstanding time and political sensitivity.
• Promotes and maintains a high quality, detail oriented, service-oriented company image among users.
• After hours (on call) support.
This position reports to the Executive Director of IT.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects.
• Must have experience working with the IBM iSeries AS/400.
• Must have experience working with Active Directory, Windows 10 operating systems; Microsoft Windows Office Suite; Windows Server 2019.
• Must have experience working with HRIS systems. Experience with Oracle/JD Edwards a plus.
• Must have and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License.
• Must have experience in controlling departmental budget.
• Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must have strong project management skills.
• Experience in PC hardware support.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and to effectively interface with technologists, business owners, and end-users.
Networking, End-User Support, Application Support, Active Directory
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: YONKERS, NY
Date Posted: March 25, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00720-0011431964
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT