Prestige Healthcare Laundry Aide in Yale, Michigan
Responsible for the cleaning of resident clothing and facility linen.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Essential Functions:
Sorts, washes, dries, folds and irons linens and resident clothing.
- Stocks linen closets and carts for nursing units, and returns linen barrels to the laundry.
- Delivers clean linen and resident clothing to rooms.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary work area.
- Performs routine equipment cleaning such as removing detergent build-up in washers and cleaning lint traps.
- Purges stained, torn, or otherwise unacceptable linen.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Conduct, its policies and procedures. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be patient and polite.
- Ability to learn operation of washing machines, dryers and associated equipment.
- Ability to learn infection control techniques.