SAIC Sr. Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer in WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB, Ohio
SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program out of Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Simulator Common Architecture Requirements and Standards (SCARS) team at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
This individual will:
· Draft plans and procedures that govern interim SCARS processes.
· Participate in regular SCARS Engineering Capabilities Board (SECB) meetings by attendance, preparing, presenting and reviewing briefings, providing feedback to government representatives, responding to action items, and executing follow-up tasks. Support the Government SECB Chairperson in all SECB-sanctioned and directed activities as required.
· Draft and review requirements and standards that lend to the advancement of the SCARS initiative and submit as directed by the Government.
· Support technical management activities in execution of SCARS requirements and SECB directives with SCARS Partners and Affiliate Sponsors and contractors
· Establish and execute an Agile approach to quickly provide recommendations during the SCARS source selection, including fact finding questions and technical evaluations
· Support SCARS acquisition activities including SCARS Prime, SCARS Partner, and Affiliate Sponsor contracts and contract modifications. These activities include:
o Developing SCARS program roadmaps
o Preparing and presenting program and technical briefings to stakeholders.
o Coordinating SCARS requirements with SCARS Partners and Affiliate Sponsor program representatives.
o Evaluating SCARS site readiness based on technical drawings and site survey data to support phased program planning and execution.
· Define and coordinate the technical scope for individual SCARS initiatives through RFP-ready documents and support all acquisition activities as directed by the Government.
o Prepare all technical documentation and manage all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for SCARS enterprise wide Remote Scanning.
o Prepare all technical documentation and manage all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for SECB-determined projects.
o Prepare all technical documentation and manage all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for SCARS Partner and Affiliate Modeling Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
o Track and provide status reports of SECB planned projects, including proposed capability and applicable implementation plans.
· Coordinate SCARS initiatives within the simulation and Open Architecture industries.
· Organize and conduct working groups, collaboration activities, and potential industry engagements to communicate, promote, and evolve SCARS initiatives and concepts.
· Establish an Air Force SCARS presence within the simulation community through regular interactions with the other Uniformed Services, industry, and academia.
· Coordinate SCARS initiatives within the simulation and security industries. Organize and conduct working groups, collaboration activities, and industry days to communicate, promote, and evolve SCARS security initiatives and concepts.
· Establish an Air Force SCARS presence with the simulation security community through regular interactions with the other Uniformed Services, Authorizing officials, and industry.
The following skills are required:
· Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience, or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree
· A Secret security clearance is required for this position.
· Experience with Air Force or DOD acquisitions, program planning, and coordination
· Live, Virtual, and/or Constructive Modeling/Simulation experience
· Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML and Digital Engineering (DE)
· Cyber security experience
· Knowledge and experience with Wide Area Network technology and operations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability