KPMG Associate Independence in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Practice Area:Business Support Services
Location:Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Independence to join our Independence group, which is part of KPMG’s Risk Management organization.
- Assist the firm and its personnel with maintaining independence in accordance with professional standard and firm policies
- Identify an organization's affiliates and related entities and properly construct their corporate structure
- Perform research, analyze data, make determinations and document results to support conclusions; identify and escalate potential issues
- Participate in delivery and implementation of projects focused on support and maintenance of the firm's risk management systems while identifying and aiding in the implementation of process enhancements
- Help to identify and implement process enhancements and improvements; participate in special projects on an ad hoc and on-going basis
- Contribute in drafting and maintaining policies, processes and protocols to identify changes in audit clients and their affiliates
- Minimum of one year of client service or related business experience; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to details and documentation standards
- Critical thinking, analytical and research skills with the ability to evaluate information to make a decision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Thecontains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.