Sherwin-Williams Sales Associate in WOODBRIDGE, Ontario
Title: Sales Associate
Job Number: 21000GQA
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, but careers that grow with you. As Canada’s fastest growing paint company, we have retail stores from coast to coast. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colours Show!
Where You’ll be Working
The individual selected for this role will be expected to work at Store #767669, located at:
25 WOODSTREAM BLVD, UNIT 7, WOODBRIDGE, ON L4L 7Y8
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
How You’ll Perform the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the sales efforts at a Sherwin-Williams paint store, servicing wholesale and retail customers. Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers in person and over the phone by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services
- Ensuring that sales transactions are completed accurately and maintaining accurate work order files and formulas.
- Pulling appropriate products from the sales floor or warehouse and tinting and mixing them to customer specifications
- Stocking shelves and setting up displays, cleaning store equipment, and loading and unloading trucks
- Assisting in making deliveries if necessary.
Our Must Haves – These are our Basic Qualifications, hit apply if you meet all of them!
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to distinguish the difference between colours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone with or without reasonable accommodation.
Extras to Help you Stand Out – These are not required for you to be eligible to apply but are preferred. Don’t be afraid to brag about any of the following:
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Prior experience in a sales or customer service position.
- Customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints.
At Sherwin-Williams, part of our mission is to help our employees and their families live healthier, save smarter and feel better. This starts with a wide range of world-class benefits designed for you which includes:
- Competitive compensation and bonus eligibility
- Employee discounts
- Career development opportunities
- Retirement savings and profit-sharing plans
- Health care benefits (for eligible positions)
Check out http://www.benefitscentre.ca/sherwin/ for the full array of what we have to offer our teams.
What is the Process to get Started?
Step 1 – Online Application
- Find the role(s) that interest you on our Careers page: https://jobsearch.sherwin.com/
- Set aside 15 minutes to create your profile by entering or importing your details from one of our job board partners
Step 2 – Digital Interview
- Upon review of your application, qualified candidates will be invited to complete a digital video interview via HireVue, our interview partner. The interview will consist of a few behavioral based questions
- You’ll be able to record and complete your video interview anytime, anywhere! While you can complete this video interview on your own schedule, we ask that this step be completed within 14 days of receiving an invitation
Step 3 – In-Store Interview
- Your video interview is reviewed by our Recruitment team and our top candidates are invited to meet with our team in a store, specialty wholesale branch, floorcovering facility or delivery service terminal.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.