Novant Health Indirect Tax Analyst Senior in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion.
Compliance: After analysis of data integrity, create and assist with the compilation of information and preparation and timely remittance of the various indirect tax returns and filings utilizing appropriate software and technology tools.
- Property Tax / Sales Tax / Other:
· Prepare all business personal property and real property tax listings for review.
· Prepare property tax jurisdictional exemption applications for review.
· Work with Tax assistant to compile property tax bills for review before payment.
· Document and analyze property tax assessments; submit for further review by Lead and/or Manager; assist with any needed resolution.
· Prepare all sales/use tax returns for review and coordinate the remittance of sales/use tax payments by the Tax Assistant after review.
· Prepare Novant Health’s NC sales tax refund requests including the identification of additional refundable items for review. Prepare sales tax exemption certificates for review; maintain database.
· Assist with the analysis of tax rates for the various products and tax services sold or purchased in the jurisdictions the company does business; research tax law to ensure it is applied appropriately; creates and provides preliminary assessments for review.
· Assist and oversee the Tax Assistant’s preparation of Forms W-9 with oversight/input from Lead or Manager.
· Prepare certain excise tax returns for review and oversee remittance by Tax Assistant of all excise tax payments after review.
· Compile unclaimed property data for third party vendor; to be reviewed with Lead and/or Manager prior to submission.
· Prepare and submit for review certain regulatory filings including, but not limited to, annual reports (i.e. Secretary of State, Attorney General, Division of Charitable Solicitations, etc.).
· Prepare the appropriate journal entries and complete account reconciliations for all relevant indirect tax accounts to be submitted for review.
· Research tax treatment, reporting and compliance questions as requested; perform special projects and analysis as needed including providing support for exemption and tax benefit analysis
· Develops an understanding of relevant tax laws, rules, and regulations by attending relevant training and CPE events.
· Provide support for indirect tax audits and/or notices.
· Assist in responding to internal and external inquiries, requests for data, and similar as it relates to indirect taxes.
· Review of other Indirect Tax Analyst’s work in coordination with the Lead and/or Manager.
· Review of Tax Assistant’s work as appropriate.
· Provides supplemental support and assistance with direct tax tasks as needed. Quality Improvement: Assist Technology Coordinator, peers, and managers in pursuing continual process improvements; relentlessly pursue ideas that add value to the department and the organization.
Collaboration: Assist peers and other departments with special projects and analysis, as needed.
Clerical: Performs clerical duties as required.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Education: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (Required). Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar Graduate Degree (Preferred).
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in tax services (Required).
Licensure/Certification: CPA license or eligibility (Preferred).
Additional Skills/Requirements (required): Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel experience. Must have excellent interpersonal communication and professional writing skills. Must have the ability to apply logical and critical thinking in analyzing transactions, addressing
requests and participating in special projects. Must have the ability to concurrently organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines. Must be available for seasonal and variable work; hours can vary and may include evenings and weekends in addition to the regular schedule. Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Additional Skills/Requirements (preferred): Lawson experience highly desirable. Experience with multi-state nexus and exempt entity requirements. Experience with property tax or sales tax software.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement.
The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
External Posting Title: Indirect Tax Analyst Senior
Job Opening ID: 2021-94463
Name: Corporate Finance
IF PRN or Other, Provide Specifics: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
External Company URL: https://www.novanthealth.org/careers.aspx