Elements Behavioral Health Recovery Advocate in Wimberley, Texas
The Resident Assistant is responsible for coordinating and executing client care under the supervision of clinical and administrative staff. The Resident Assistant also provides structured activities for clients, monitors medication and escorts clients when necessary.
- Coordinates admissions with the nursing staff to ensure the safety of the client and the client environment.
- Documents observations in patients' medical records and communicates concerns to the nursing/clinical and administrative staff.
- Serves as a client's role model, demonstrating an understanding of the fundamentals of a balanced recovery program.
- Coordinates client care and ensures that clients are in educational groups and aware of unit expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records.
- Recognizes and assists in crisis situations and provides appropriate interventions based on training and experience.
- Escorts clients for meals, appointments or other related activities.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates CD Educational groups.
- Attends monthly meetings or scheduled trainings.
- May provide client transportation for some shifts and/or specific facility locations.
- Class F endorsed driver's license, be able to drive a 15-passenger van and be insurable under company auto insurance if specific position requires providing transportation for assigned shift and/or facility.
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience in a drug recovery, mental health or recovery work setting or equivalent education/work experience.
- Ability to maintain appropriate relationship boundaries with clients.
- Ability to understand and work effectively with diverse cultures, beliefs, and genders, incorporating diverse needs and perspectives in decision that are made.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with a 12-step program preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled