Universal Forest Products Lead Designer in Wilton, New Hampshire
Atlantic Prefab, Inc. of Wilton, NH, a fabricator of cold formed steel prefabricated structural building components such as roof trusses and wall panels is seeking an experienced Wall Panel / Component Lead Designer. The ideal candidate will have experience designing commercial building components and assemblies. Previous experience may include: wall panel design, truss design, glazing systems design and drafting, structural and misc. metals design and shop drawing drafting. Individuals with working knowledge of commercial construction methods, processes, wall assemblies, structural systems and etc. are preferred. Additional beneficial experience would be: working knowledge of exterior finish systems such as EIFS, ACM, metal & wood framing systems, and weather barrier systems. This is a Team Leader position and requires hands on design responsibilities as well as overseeing others. Experience as a project lead is preferred. However, if you are ready to take the lead and your current employer doesn’t see it your way, we need to meet with you.
- Create and manage the creation of various types of shop drawings for: wall panels, and custom prefabricated products.
- Work with and manage additional design personnel both internally and external consultants.
- Work with and provide guidance to Professional Design Consultants / Structural Engineers
- Attend project meetings and site visits as required.
- Use of AutoCAD / Revit as well as other design software for creation of production documents.
- Work closely with Architects and Structural Engineers on contracted work.
- Assist with product development and product improvements.
- Generation of standard and project specific details.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled