JPMorgan Chase Cyber Architect in Wilmington, Delaware
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC) group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
The Cybersecurity Architecture team within the Cybersecurity and Technology Controls organization ensures the line of business and technology is able to effectively detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats against our technology infrastructure. The scope of Cybersecurity comprises detection and monitoring of threats and vulnerabilities, managing security incidents, and evolving our preventive infrastructure to keep ahead of the threat. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the Firm's risk posture.
Cyber Security Architects are strong technologists with a pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with software architects, software engineers, business product owners and senior management. The Architect is expected to lead through influence, communicate effectively with clarity of thought and demonstrated understanding of business and technical requirements.
• Partnering with the line of business Engineering & Architecture team to integrate security controls into platforms (e.g. internal Kubernetes, cloud foundry based platforms ) and frameworks (e.g. SpringBoot-based frameworks)
• Preparing and communicating cyber technology strategy for the line of business and support the line of business in aligning to this strategy in future developments.
• Creating and propagating security design patterns to support in building consistent and secure technology solutions
• Prototyping conceptual designs for security products and access management tools
• Assisting and guiding engineering teams in the secure development of infrastructure services and products
• Representing CTC in key line of business technology initiatives to ensure security considerations are designed in compliance with firmwide technology controls from the start and throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Partnership with CTC Product teams to deliver and prioritize security design requirements for line of business technology initiatives.
• 15+ years of strong hands-on experiences and technical depth in one, or more technology areas, including Data security, Infrastructure security, Endpoint/Platform security, Security Analytics, or Application Security.
• Programming experiences in one or more languages (scripting/functional/imperative -- C/C++, Java, Python, Scala, R, etc.)
• Hands-on experience in building prototypes or full products in Cloud-based and/or mobile environments
• Experience with Design Pattern-type approaches to developmentJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans