Barclays Control Director in Wilmington, Delaware
125 S West Street, DE Wilmington, 19801, USA
Working directly for the Head of Operational Rigor the Director level Operational Rigor Lead will lead a global team of approximately 10 to ensure the effective development and execution of sound risk, control and conduct agenda across Barclays’ US Consumer Bank. The Operational Rigor Lead will partner with the senior leaders of BBDE and wider company stakeholders—in C&P, the IHC, and BX in particular—to achieve US Consumer Bank objectives in a controlled, efficient and effective manner with a proactive and forward looking view of risk.
What will you be doing?
· You will be responsible for end-to-end risk management: Ensure leaders, and stakeholders have clear, end-to-end transparency and insight into how well controlled, governed and managed the US Consumer Bank is, inclusive of documenting, regardless of functional ownership.
· You will be responsible for executive governance: For the relevant forums, lead sound governance practices which review, assess and make recommendations to ensure a sound control environment.__
· You will be responsible for framework design & execution:Develop sustainable frameworks and methods for ensuring rigorous strategy deployment and execution, inclusive of all aspects of risk management and control consistent with regulatory and Group expectations.
· Policies & standards:Ensure the effective and consistent implementation and operation of all applicable policies and standards (regulatory and internal), including CCO policies and standards relating to risk acceptance and issue reporting across the US Business.
· Assurance & issue remediation governance:Perform assurance activities—monitoring and testing—in coordination with CCO; work with Business Heads in supporting issue identification, root cause analysis, remediation and reporting.**
· Continuous improvement: Support the execution of business strategy overall by helping to identify and in some cases own various improvement initiatives; specifically, accountable for control improvement initiatives.**
· You will partner with functional heads: Liaison with other control functions. Take the lead on fostering and managing productive relationships with Heads of CCO, Compliance, Operational Risk, MLRO, Legal, Internal Audit and other Operational Rigor teams around the company.** · Conduct & risk culture: Reinforce conduct expectations across the business and at all levels, Help reinforce strong and consistent risk management culture within First Line of Defence and across the Bank.
· Project management:**When necessary, assist in organizing and driving major programs related to our control agenda and actively participating as a stakeholder in other major change initiatives to ensure control requirements are adequatelyreflected in systems and process changes.
What we’re looking for:
· *Professional/technical experience:The role holder will possess commercial experience within Financial Services, preferably with a large portion in an audit, risk or compliance role, an in-depth knowledge of the banking industry and a solid understanding of the US consumer cards, payments, models and banking sector and the associated customer needs.
· Functional knowledge:*The role holder will possess deep skills in control, audit, process engineering and risk management as they relate to a financial services firm. They will possess the ability to apply a control perspective to all aspects of product and investment management. They will possess a strong understanding of the key aspects of US regulation impacting the US Consumer Bank (e.g. FDIC regulations).
· *Strong analytical skills:The role holder must possessaproven ability to manage and leverage large data sets to identify trends and develop actionable insights. Responsible for root cause analysis, thematic analysis and data driven evaluation of possible solutions to achieve a desired outcome. Must have experience with executive level analytical messaging and reporting.
· Personal attributes:*Must be a compelling communicator, in possession of excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The role holder will be dynamic and capable of setting and driving their own agenda, enlisting support from senior management along the way. They will take an organised and disciplined approach to their work. They will be a role model in managing, influencing and leading people and will have the ability to quickly build credibility with regulators, boards and other stakeholders. They will have a fully developed entrepreneurial spirit but always adopt a collegiate approach. The successful candidate will have the highest levels of integrity, the ability to quickly form positive working relationships with others and strong data and analytical skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Professional/technical experience:*Previous data analytics, data aggregation and model risk backgrounds and skillsets may be an advantage.
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visithome.barclays/who-we-are/for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Title: Control Director
Requisition ID: *90260210