Barclays Trade Floor Application Support in Whippany, New Jersey
Trade Floor Support Analyst
As a Barclays Trade Floor Support Analyst you will join our Trade Floor Support team. There will be exposure to all levels of technology and business staff, so this is your opportunity to showcase your communication skills and prioritise and escalate issues where appropriate. Being a Trade Floor Support Analyst will mean that you will ensure the continuation of availability, effectiveness and accuracy of the production systems and work within the problem and incident management framework.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
This role will be on a rota shift that provides support coverage from 07:00-18:00
What will you be doing?
• Interacting with the Credit, SecProd, and Muni businesses to log, prioritize, resolve, escalate (where required) and owning all support issues through to completion
• Performing intensive analysis of support requests to identify the most efficient solutions to improve stability and reliability
• Keeping up-to-date with wider projects within the technology space, and where feasible, leverage these initiatives to improve issue resolution and client service
• Being able to effectively communicate / escalate incidents and problems to 3rd line support (development) when required
• Updating the support knowledge base recording new issues, workarounds, solutions and system / process how-to's
• Taking on "Subject Matter Expert" responsibility for a suite of applications and reference point for support, development and project teams
• Building up knowledge through self-assessment, self-training materials, and liaising with key development contacts to obtain a deep understanding of the systems and business
• Having responsibility of delivery for minor works to support project initiatives and / or to improve client service and strategy
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with ITIL concepts and best practices
• Understanding of the investment banking business, etrading constrains and trade life cycle
• Solid basic technical skills (Unix, SQL (Oracle or MSSQL), Scripting (shell, perl, python), Autosys, Java with demonstrated ability to learn for the purpose of identifying trouble areas and suggest potential solutions
• Bachelor’s degree or equal work experience
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live.
We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.