Barclays Tech Lead in Whippany, New Jersey
As a Barclays Technical Lead within Fraud Engineering, this is an exciting opportunity for you to provide technical leadership to an Agile team. This will involve you to deliver solution and design whilst mentoring other engineers and interacting with Product Owner, Engineering Manager and Tech Architects for requirement and solutioning.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with existing leads to review current platform architecture and propose
• Implementing changes geared towards performance improvements, simplification and technical debt reduction
• Building proof of concepts of alternative architecture in the areas of UI/Server interaction, micro services and of new distributed caching technologies
• Sharing expertise in specific technical areas to ensure other developers can contribute to any new proposed architecture or technologies adoption
• Developing new functionality to support business growth and strategic integration programmes
What we’re looking for:
• University degree in computer science
• Experience of Software design and development, of enterprise Java/JEE based applications/products
• Extensive hands-on experience in JAVA/J2EE software development and Frameworks such Spring, SpringBoot, REST
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Concepts and Design Patterns and building and deploying low latency API to be used at scale
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong Unix, Shell Scripting, Docker or other containers
• AWS or other cloud platform
• Knowledge with Maven, GIT, TeamCity, Nexus, SonarCube, IntelliJ Idea
• Strong analytical skills and logical thinking to manage issues in a high-pressure environment
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.