Barclays Project Manager - VP in Whippany, New Jersey
Project Manager – Securitized Products
As a Barclays Securitized Products Change Project Manager you will lead a program, project, or workstream within the Securitized Products Change portfolio. The exact scope of project/program delivery will change over time, in line with the business strategy, market opportunities and relative business and/or regulatory priorities. Stakeholder engagement will be from MD level down, and will involve running working groups and interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
What will you be doing?• Creating and managing the business case for the project, partnering with the Accountable Executive (AE) and Program Manager (where relevant), from inception through delivery.
• Being responsible for governance and oversight – provide the framework for implementation, to establish a governance forum that is fit for purpose.
• Determining, monitoring and managing to workforce and financial requirements, liaising with product and service delivery on resource requirements.
• Monitoring any supply related risks and setting up the initiative team with clear roles; ensuring ongoing costs and capitalization meet MTP and budget requirements
• Taking responsibility for creating and managing the project plan that will ensure on-time, effective delivery of front to back (F2B) outcomes in line with the business case
• Conducting business analysis, as required, to supplement the project delivery role and/or engaging with technical business analysts in other teams
• Ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant; course correcting where required to ensure the program delivers on its aims
• Providing and regularly reviewing an honest, transparent assessment of the project status and RAID (risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) of the initiative.
What we’re looking for:• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of Project Management experience (medium to large scale initiatives) working on change management initiatives. Hands-on experience with Markets is preferred
• Effectively interpret evolving business requirements, whiteboard solution architectures, project manage through the project life cycle, build requirements for implementation, and resolve issues.
• Understanding of the different project methodologies, i.e. Agile Project Methodology, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Skills that will help you in the role:• Markets business experience, ideally with exposure to Securitized Products, gained in a previous change, technology, business management or middle office role
• Working knowledge of the main features of core IB products and business processes – Derivatives, Cash, Financing, Treasury, Reference Data, Middle Office, Risk, Finance, Control
• Solid understanding of the front to back trade lifecycle within an Investment Bank
• Technology change experience including exposure to full software development lifecycle
Where will you be working?At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.