Suburban Propane LP Claims Supervisor in Whippany, New Jersey
When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As a Claims Supervisor, you will be responsible for the administration of a cost-effective claims management program that is handled by Suburban Propane's Third Party Administrator (TPA). If you are a driven professional with management experience in the Workers' Compensations claims field, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Reviews all new incident reports, directs new incident workflow to appropriate team member (Analyst or Coordinator)
- Monitors incidents/ claims for timely handling and processing
- Oversees the company's Workers' Compensation claims portfolio, which includes but is not limited to - monitoring/setting reserves, premium adjustments, preparing reports and attending claim reviews
- Builds and maintains relationships with the TPA, internal field contacts, corporate-level employees as well as outside vendors
- Provides direct oversight and maintenance of the department's RMIS, including working with internal partners on updates and improvements
- Seeks opportunities to improve on program performance via Industry trends
- Maintains diary on all high exposure WC files, works up large cases for settlement authority for review with Director
**Why Suburban Propane?** Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree with AIC and/or ARM designation
- 5+ years of experience handling auto, general and environmental liability claims
- Expert knowledge of multi-state Workers' Compensation claims handling
- Current knowledge of regulatory and legislate (statutory and federal) matters pertaining to Workers' Compensation
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
**As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.**
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.