Penguin Random House LLC Payroll Processing Specialist in Westminster, Maryland
Using the HR/Payroll system UKG, our payroll specialist perform a variety of payroll processing functions for select business units of Penguin Random House and Bertelsmann related companies in accordance with standard procedures.
• Responsible for payroll processing for select business units and backup payroll processing
• Review of HR generated workflows for payroll impact
• Input/verify payroll data including garnishments
• Review employee tax data for jurisdiction accuracy
• Review timekeeping system data where applicable
• Verify expected payroll calculation results
• Prepare funding requests, update required spreadsheets
• Apply company policy and federal/state payroll related regulations
• Respond to employee/HR questions regarding payroll and payroll tax information
• Run/prepare payroll reports as needed
• Provide payroll data for audit as requested
• Perform payroll accounting analysis as needed
• Assist with payroll implementation tasks as assigned
• Makes decisions regarding accuracy of work
• Organizes workload by assigning input priorities to data received
• Exercises discretion and confidentiality
• Further tasks may be assigned within the frame of the profile.
• Field of studies / vocational training, degree
• Training required additionally
Professional experience / competencies / traits
• 2 to 4 years experience in Accounting, General Ledger and Payroll
• Prior Bookkeeping and Payroll Tax Analysis experience is desired
• Effectively Multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast pace environment, producing quality
• Work under pressure while meeting deadlines
• Possess and exhibit the ability to think logically and analyze problems & data
• PC proficiency to include Excel & Word Prior UKG (formerly Ultipro & Kronos) experience is a Plus
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: Maryland City: Westminster Postal Code: 21157 Job ID: 125164 125164Penguin Random House LLC