Aerotek Laboratory Technician in West Sacramento, California
Hiring a lab analyst for a lab in West Sacramento, CA!
Great opportunity to work for an environmental laboratory and gain experience on resume!
• Routine sample preparation and analysis of air samples using various instrumentation and techniques including, but not limited to, GC/MS, and GC
• Perform all documentation, sample preparation, analysis, and data handling following SOPs or appropriate methods
• Data analysis and interpretation
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, productive environment with minimal error
• Is capable of performing a variety of tests in one or more departments
• Can perform basic trouble-shooting of instrument and QC failures
• Strong organization with the ability to manage and meet project deadlines
• Proactively communicate production and quality issues to management
• Read, understand, and interpret diverse standard operating procedures and analytical methods, presented in a variety of written styles
• Prepare standards
• Ability to grasp new concepts/tasks quickly, a high degree of self-motivation, ability to work as a proactive team member, and ability to deliver under tight timeline are all required.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrate and promotes the company vision
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Participate in laboratory and other meetings.
• Participate in internal and regulatory audits.
• Perform other duties as required by Company management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong sense of initiative, detail oriented with a hands-on approach and the ability to work efficiently and accurately within a fast paced environment
• Strong organization and time management skills in order to meet project deadlines
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong team working skills and the ability to conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and effectively use resources to solve problems
• Ability to learn new techniques, adapt setup and test equipment to new situations, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and keep accurate records; method development experience
• Familiarity with GC/MS, SW-846
• Proficiency with data processing software and Microsoft programs.
• Able to perform the physical requirements of the job
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Able to work a full-time shift (M-F) during training; flexible to rotate weekends and overtime as necessary
Entry level: growth within company
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.