Penn Medicine Physical Therapist in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Job ID :106263
Job Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Specialty Area: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift
Penn Medicine Entity: Chester County Hospital
Location: West Chester, PA
Address: 915 Old Fern Hill Rd
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
General Summary Statement
Responsible for developing and implementing treatment programs according to the plan of care, administering modalities, training patients in therapeutic exercise, transfers and gait training and conducting treatments using special equipment/assistive devices. Monitor the work of support personnel such as Physical Therapy Assistants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement the daily plan of care and administering clinical treatments.
• Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program..
• Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercises and functional activities.
• Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment.
• Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress.
• Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
• Maintains appropriate and timely documentation in all patients treated electronic medical record.
• Monitor support personnel (therapy assistants, students and volunteers)
• Participate in Department Operations (Billing, Phones, Scheduling, etc).
• Maintain Department & Health System Competencies.
• Maintain license and educational requirements as mandated by PA Board of Examiners.
Minimum Requirements :
Education Training and Experience
Graduate of a Bachelor, Certificate, Masters or Doctorate degree curriculum in Physical Therapy accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Prior experience preferred
Knowledge of Universal Precaution Procedures
Good Communication and Customer Service Skills
Current Pennsylvania State license required
CPR certification required
National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE)
Professional Association Certifications Preferred
Work Environment and Hazards
Therapists work either in the outpatient or inpatient rooms. Job duties require frequent standing, walking, squatting, lifting, writing, and typing. Occasional site visits (i.e. for ergonomic assessments). Risk exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids. May be exposed to heat or cold modalities. May be exposed to or utilize mechanical / motorized equipment
Work Contact Group
Patients, physician’s, families, nursing, visitors, students and frequent contacts with employees of other departments.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.