Crown Hotel and Travel Management Front Office Supervisor in Weaverville, North Carolina
Embark on an exciting hotel career with Crown Hotel & Travel Management, LLC. From hotel management jobs to front-line interaction with hotel guests and important behind-the-scenes hospitality jobs, Crown Hotel & Travel Management, LLC offers a variety of opportunities for job growth and exciting careers in the hospitality industry.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
Fantastic Company Culture Responsibilites
Hires, trains and supervises the Front Office teams,
- Plans, organizes, assigns and coordinates the daily activities and any special projects for the staff to ensure compliance with the Hotel’s guest service standards.
- Regularly monitors the payroll budget to ensure labor costs are aligned with the forecast
- Fields Guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions.
- Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as rate conflict or facilities issues.
- Inputs and retrieves information from the computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of all Front Office reports.
- Regularly conducts Front Office staff meetings for the purpose of keeping the staff informed, providing training and to create a positive work environment.
- Attends the Hotel staff meeting and coordinates with other department heads to ensure smooth operation.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the Front Office and interprets company policy for employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Assigns duties and shifts to the staff and observes performances to ensure adherence to Hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Receives and processes advance registration payments.
- Meets and personally greets VIP Guests, whenever possible.
- Issues verbal and written instructions to the Front Office
- Reviews the group resumes, event schedules and daily reports to ensure proper staffing of the Front Office
- Prepares the weekly schedule and makes modifications, by regularly monitoring the house count and making adjustments accordingly to meet the needs of business.
- Reviews, revises and approves daily payroll reports as needed.
- Documents and submits a work order to report items that need to be repaired and follows up with the Maintenance Department accordingly.
When necessary performs the duties of his/her subordinates. Qualifications and Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safety and security of guest and Hotel property.
- The ability to effectively deal with employees and customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume by applying basic math skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software and Excel spreadsheet software.
- Meets legal age requirements for the position.
- Driver's License Required
- 1 year of customer service preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have basic working knowledge of a computer including word and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Must display very good organization and time management skills
- Must be able to walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 20% of the time
- Must be able to frequently kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 20 pounds without assistance
- To always maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance