Northrop Grumman Systems Administrator - 2nd Shift - Secret clearance required in Washington, District Of Columbia
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking an enterprise Systems Administrator - Second Shift to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington D.C. This position will be for multiple shifts. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (CAEIO) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to provide 24x7x365 IT Operations and Maintenance to modernized and legacy networks, applications, and databases supporting CA services globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Supports all Tier II related assigned incidents.
•Responsible for data entry, documenting, tracking, managing and responding to queries regarding the status of any or all problems or requests reported.
•Monitors infrastructure availability and utilization to ensure the network infrastructure accommodates CA traffic, analyzing utilization trends to proactively request and track upgrades including bandwidth, memory, and storage space.
•Tracks all infrastructure component failures and affecting escalation actions necessary to ensure appropriate support response and within designated time thresholds established.
•Ensures management tools are configured with thresholds that will alert the contractor of a potential problem and that a trouble ticket has to be generated for tracking and troubleshooting purposes.
•Monitors, analyzes, assesses, and reviews audit trails and logs and other information collected for the purpose of searching out system events that may constitute violations of system security.
•Perform proactive monitoring and respond to incidents, and alerts via system monitoring software implemented within the Enterprise Event Management and Monitoring capability.
•Reallocate system resources to optimize system performance, and recommend additional components to improve overall performance
•Maintain account management using RBAC for access to all CA systems and equipment.
•Monitor, manage, and optimize system/application performance, availability, and capacity and generate performance reports.
•Perform system/application diagnostics through the use of Government-provided maintenance tools to ensure availability and to provide immediate notification of problems to administrators.
• Bachelor's degree and two (2) years experience in an IT related field or a High School diploma with 6 years of experience in an IT related field
• Must have basic understanding of principals of networking, storage, server, and systems operations
• Active Secret clearance or higher. Interim clearance may be acceptable
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
•Demonstrated knowledge of network tools such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Splunk, NeuralStar, Niksun NetOmni, Solarwinds, Zabbix, AppDynamics, or Grafana.
• Experience working in a Department of State or other Federal Government Tier 1 or Tier 2 operations center
• Ability to follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting network, storage, application, server, and security systems monitoring logs, rules, and outputs to create actionable remediating tasks
• Ability to identify and relay information and symptoms detected by monitoring tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology