Howard University Hospital Social Worker (Full -Time) in Washington, District Of Columbia
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire Social Worker who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Social Worker:
· Serves as the coordinator for discharge planning on the unit and collaborating with team members
· Assists patients and/or families in coping with illness, hospitalization and continuing care needs
· Perform psychosocial assessments and discharge planning
· Facilitate communication between the patient, families and health care team
· Identifies and directs availability of resources to service identified needs of patients
· Collaborates with and completes referrals to appropriate community agencies and other facilities.
· Documents social work activity in the medical chart with team, patient/family and community resources.
· Works independently within the assigned area and is accountable for the development and maintenance of service therein. Is responsible for seeking consultation when needed and keeping supervisor apprised of patient/program developments. Work is reviewed through medical chart documentation, reports, conferences and feedback from other disciplines
· Provides social work coverage for the hospital evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned
· Maintains a stated level of quality while minimizing resource usage and decreasing length of stay.
· Master’s degree in Social Work
· 3+ years of experience in an acute care setting
· Current District of Columbia license as an LGSW, LISW, or LICSW
· Cerner –Sorian a plus
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
· Tuition remission for you and your eligible dependents (after 1 year and 2 years of service, respectively)
· Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan)
· 100% Coverage for care at HUH