Robert Half International Director, Infrastructure in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia
Our client, a local Non-Profit institution, is seeking a Director, Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure to join their organization. This Director, IT Infrastructure will help plan, coordinate, direct, and lead the design of IT related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily activities of the IT department.
This role is a hands-on technical leader, manager and change maker for the IT department. The position is expected to focus on Infrastructure Systems and user support. This is a highly visible position and reports to the organization's CTO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management & Leadership
The Director, IT Infrastructure is responsible for the overall performance of the organization's engineering teams. He/she will provide technology leadership; direct, plan, organize and supervise the activities of the IT Infrastructure team; ensure the effective and secure operation of technology systems and services; and manage the IT Infrastructure budget and resources and vendor relationships. Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
• Develop technology road map and long/short term departmental goals
• Build effective working relationships with the Firm’s attorneys and staff.
• Maintain a satisfactory level of technical skill department-wide, by keeping up with current trends and developments related to positions.
• Ensure end-user involvement in technology decisions
• Manage vendor/consultant contracts and vendor/consultant service engagements for all technology and systems used by the organization.
• Manage complex software licensing and maintenance agreements
Infrastructure & Security
The Director, IT Infrastructure is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the network/system infrastructure, applications and all other related technologies (physical, virtual and cloud) throughout the organization. The role will be hands-on and you will be expected to not only provide guidance but serve as subject matter expert and architect to all aspects of the network domain, with the ability to assist in design and configurations regularly. Knowledge and experience with the following systems is preferred:
• Public and Private Cloud technologies – Azure, AWS and VMware on AWS
• Data Protection – Backup, BCDR and Replication technologies
• Active Directory –AD DS, DNS, DHCP, GPO
• Messaging – Exchange (2016 or newer), Office 365, Spam/Content filtering
• Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solutions and Mobile Endpoint Protection
• Automation technologies – SCCM, PowerShell, etc.
• Monitoring of all systems inclusive of virtualization, networking, storage, and systems applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field, or equivalent knowledge.
• Eight years of related detail oriented experience, four of which were in a supervisory capacity in leading senior technical staff.
• At least six years in senior technical management roles in environments of similar size and complexity.
• IT Certifications are a plus
* PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION *
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00 / Yearly
Location: WASHINGTON, DC
Date Posted: May 28, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04510-0011466052
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT