Sev1Tech, LLC Applications Software Programmer/Engineer, Junior* in Washington, District Of Columbia
Sev1Tech seeks a Applications Software Programmer/Engineer, Junior in support of IHSE (ICE Health Service Corps). The Applications Software Programmer/Engineer, Junior will possess practical experience in at least two programming applications software packages (e.g., Java or C/C++ or .NET or WebLogic, etc.), preferably including knowledge of relational database design, the ability to read and understand data dictionaries, data coding, and the ability to infer the relationship of the tables to the application and the process.
The incumbent has aptitude for data analytics. The incumbent has an initial level of understanding about maintaining and complying with requirements for the following task areas: collecting, compiling, processing, normalizing, analyzing and interpreting data using systems support tools such as SQL, Python, Oracle, Tableau, Access, and Excel; documenting and reviewing data sharing agreements, outstanding customer service and communication skills relaying technical concepts; managing data quality, cleansing, tagging and metadata management; testing and implementing application software with regards to collecting, process, and storing data. The incumbent has experience with project management tools such as MS Project.
Clearance: Must be able to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship and either have or be able to obtain EOD (enter on duty) clearance with DHS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provides valuable support to the design team while continually improving their coding and design skills.
· Assists senior programmers and analysrs with all aspects of software design and coding.
· Attends and contributes to project development meetings.
· Applies codes and improves coding skills.
· Writes and maintains codes.
· Works on minor bug fixes.
· Monitors the technical performance of data systems.
· Gathers information from consumers about program functionality.
· Writes reports.
· Archives IHSC data/information to existing repository platform and/or data warehouse or other specified data storage areas.
· Conducts analytic tools/data systems development tests.
· Learns the codebase, gathers user data, and responds to request from senior programmers.
· Learns the use new technology, and the ability to work in a team environment.
· Attends DAO data team meetings and IHSC staff meetings.
· Performs other taskings within the SOW, as assigned by the Chief of the DAO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Education Required: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree or equivalent required in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Information Management, or a closely related field.
Experience Required: At least one (1) year of data analytics and programming-related experience or relevant experience.
Keyword: Project Manager
From: Sev1Tech, LLC