Huron Consulting Group Senior Director, Federal Business Development in Washington, DC, District Of Columbia
Formed in 2002, Huron is a global professional services firm committed to achieving sustainable results in partnership with our clients. We bring a depth of expertise in Strategy, Operations, Business Advisory Services, Technology and Analytics to drive lasting and measurable results in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Higher Education and commercial sectors. We have worked with more than 450 health systems, hospitals, and academic medical centers; more than 400 colleges, universities and research institutions; more than 125 life sciences organizations and hundreds of Fortune 500 and midsize commercial businesses. Through focus, passion and collaboration, we provide guidance to support organizations as they contend with the change transforming their industries and businesses.
Huron’s growth is supported on bedrock values: Integrity, Collaboration, Impact, Intellectual Curiosity, Inclusion, Excellence, and Humility. These values guide the internal dynamics across a global team of 3,800 employees, our client partnerships, the communities in which we live and our shareholders.
Our people make the difference. We seek to hire and retain individuals for the unique contributions, skills and perspectives that diversity brings. We provide a structure that is big enough in which to grow personally and professionally while still being nimble enough to enable fresh-thinking, foster innovation, and allow an entrepreneurial spirit to flourish. These elements combine to redefine what a consulting organization can be, and where the difference is experienced by our employees and the markets, clients, and communities we serve.
The Federal Business Development Director will be responsible for selling complex and broad solutions to new and existing federal clients. The executive will source new Federal business opportunities/engagements by using an existing network of professional contacts and by initiating and developing relationships with executive client professionals and professional advisors that lead to signed contracts. The executive will be able to identify and assist in closing consulting services.
Other responsibilities include:
• Prospecting and developing new clients to expand Huron’s presence in the Federal space including maintaining an extensive pipeline of qualified new client opportunities.
• Achieving annual sales goals and market penetration targets.
• Utilizing knowledge of Federal Markets to educate Huron Managing Directors and sellers.
• Partnering with internal Huron Managing Directors to introduce Huron’s solutions to clients, collaborating across a number of practices including Healthcare and Enterprise Solutions & Analytics (ES&A).
• Co-developing client strategies with Healthcare, ES&A and other practices’ Sales and Marketing leadership and other practices.
• Defining growth opportunities through industry, client, and competitor analysis.
• Assuring high levels of client service and satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
• Depth and background in the Federal industry, and in particular Defense, Civilian and/or Health and Human Services. Able to communicate an understanding of the Federal industry and the influences that impact the current and future states of the Federal marketplace to internal and external audiences.
• Knowledge of healthcare industry and ability to translate Federal and healthcare within the market preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of professional services selling and the ability to build and sustain long term relationships with clients to drive revenue.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience demonstrating success in an individual contributor sales role for a professional services organization.
• Extensive experience in the development and execution of the sales process to close the business deal through executive contacts. Extensive experience identifying client issues and priorities and provide solutions based upon the services of the firm.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects to develop and execute sales process, develop long term client relationships, and provide solutions for clients.
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to respectfully collaborate in a team-based office environment and work independently
• Experience with Salesforce (Customer Management Software) preferred
• An undergraduate degree is required.
• MBA OR MHA preferred.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR-0000649
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 9251