UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Potable Water Delivery Driver in Wainwright, Alaska
Tracking Code UIC Municipal Services, LLC
Job Code 21-0265
Posting Title Potable Water Delivery Driver
Post Date 4/1/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
The Deliver Driver is responsible for driving a Water Truck in Wainwright
• Loading, transporting, and delivering potable water to NSB water tanks.
• Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
• Clean and maintain cleanliness of surrounding work area.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Water and/or wastewater certificate
• Knowledgeable about pumps, motors, and heaters
• Possess a Class B CDL
• Must be capable and dependable.
• Must be willing to have a flexible work week.
• Ability to communicate in verbal and written form.
• Ability to understand and interpret basic monitoring and testing systems.
• Ability to understand and know all safety policies and rules.
• Ability to utilize all safety equipment, i.e., ear protection, eye protection, respirators, and other safety devices.
• Must be willing to take additional training as required.
• Previous water treatment experience preferred
• Physically be able to lift up to 100 pounds
• Repeat the same movements.
• Bend or twist body
• Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• May be exposed to Arctic weather conditions.
• Noise can be moderate in the workplace
• May work in close proximity to moving equipment.
• May be subject to environmental conditions of extreme cold, noise exposure, constantly changing work environment, irregular surfaces, slippery surfaces, moving equipment, open excavations, temporary structures, and general construction hazards.
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)