VIRTUA HEALTH,INC. Reg Nurse PD-Level 2 - L&D in Voorhees, New Jersey
HELPING YOU BE WELL, GET WELL AND STAY WELL
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:Night Shift - 12 Hr (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:0
Responsible for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence-based practice.
As an integral member of the health care team, coordinates patient care and communicates and collaborates extensively with the other members of the healthcare team, patients and/or patient's family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
* Performs an assessment of the patient, leading to development, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care.
* Administers, monitors and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
* Effectively manages rapidly changing situations.
* Participates in clinical decision-making.
* Educates patient and family/responsible party regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, safety issues, etc.
* Delegates and monitors care rendered by other members of nursing department and healthcare team.
* Demonstrates standard precautions and patient safety principles in practice.
* Participates in orientation, education and development of healthcare team.
* Identifies and participates in the performance improvement activities.
* Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have valid NJ RN License. Refer to the Educational/Regulatory Requirement (Department Specific) policy in the Nursing Administrative Manual.
Demonstrates knowledge of nursing skills, hospital practices, procedures and standards.
Perfects skills and stays abreast of current nursing practice through on-going education, journals, etc.
Must have strong communication skills.
Must be able to coordinate efforts of a team of care providers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.