VIRTUA HEALTH,INC. Lab Prep Asst - Histology Full-time 1st Shift / Voorhees in Voorhees, New Jersey
HELPING YOU BE WELL, GET WELL AND STAY WELL
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Full time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:40
Provide clerical and preparatory support in the Histology/Cytology departments.
Will perform a variety of clerical and semi/non-technical duties using appropriate judgment to prioritize tasks.
Demonstrates effective and appropriate communication and interaction skills.
* Receive and correctly match specimens with requisition from multiple locations.
* Perform computer functions including registration and accessioning accurately while ensuring patient confidentiality.
* Specimen handling including but not limited to correct numbering of containers and slides, preparation of cassettes and recognition of orders.
* Where applicable, can process a variety of cytology specimens. This will include staining.
* Maintain departmental logs and statistics.
* Assist with frozen sections and bone marrow specimens including staining.
* Process send out specimens and other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalency.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.