Caliber Home Loans Underwriter - Coppell, TX in United States
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage lenders. We didn't move into the fast lane because of clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads -- our talented employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our industry.
Here at Caliber, we've replaced the stereotypical corporate culture with a casual "dress for your day"work atmosphere that promotes creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team members to thrive.
The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing all loan applications for compliance with underwriting, investor, government, and FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
- Reviews/analyzes loan files submitted for borrowers to ensure file meets loan program requirements. Includes individual analysis of:
- o Loan application
- o Credit profile/report(s)
- o Debt and assets
- o Income/financial statements
- o Loan values/loan-to-value ratios
- o Appraisal reports
- o Collateral and supporting documentation
- Identifies/calculates loan risk of loss.
- Conditions files for missing/supporting documentation.
- Revisits loans to review and clear conditions.
- Approves, counters or denies loan file.
- Escalates fraud files to Credit Manager/Risk Management team.
- Respond within SLA to all loan specific audits/findings.
- This position is considered a non-loan originator position, this means participants may not engage in activities of a loan originator, including: communicating directly with borrowers about credit qualification or loan terms, including pricing concessions or other transaction-specific terms or conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector.
- Knowledge of FHA, FNMA and FHLMC policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools.
- VA/LAPP, FHA DE (CHUMS), & SAR preferred.
Our employees demonstrate the Caliber Ways of Work (WOWS) every day through:
- Collaborating Contagiously
- Caring Fiercely
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading Thoughtfully
Caliber benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10 employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount programs.
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve.
Employees who work at our Coppell headquarters experience additional perks that include: standing desks, complimentary coffee and tea stations, an on-site gym and activities center with ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house café.
Caliber is an equal opportunity employer.