EY Talent Procurement, Assistant Director - Human Capital (Open in EMEIA and US/North America) in United States
Talent Procurement, Assistant Director - Human Capital (Open in EMEIA and US/North America)
Core Business Services
Requisition # GLO001A3
Post Date Jan 21, 2021
Job title: Talent Procurement, Assistant Director - Human Capital
Sub-function: Talent Procurement
Job rank: Assistant Director
Location: EMEIA/U.S./North America
Reports to: Human Capital CoE Talent Procurement Leader
Would you like to work for a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services with over 270, 000 people around the world? Would you like to be part of a global Procurement team that employs innovation and technology to disrupt the status quo and generate business value? Would you like to play a role in building a better working world every day? If so, you will want to read this.
Our Global Procurement team includes more than 300 people working across 31 countries. We are relentless trendsetters, employing the latest in innovation and technology to better service the business. In a world of disruption, we embrace transformation and work to find best-in-class services and suppliers to help us stay ahead of the curve. We are responsible for sourcing across four categories of spend:
• Real Estate (including Workplace Services and Real Estate Technology and Innovation)
• Technology Sourcing & External Content
• Travel, Meetings & Events
• Talent (including Brand, Marketing and Communications)
EY is seeking a dynamic procurement professional who is passionate about Indirect Procurement and the full spectrum of Talent Acquisition/Contingent Workforce/Professional Services, who has exciting visions for the future, the ability to drive transformative change and deliver stakeholder value and would look forward to joining a global leader on our ambitious procurement journey.
This role will be a key contributor within Talent Procurement’s Human Capital COE. You will report to the Global Leader of the Human Capital COE and will be responsible for the procurement strategy, transformation initiatives, sourcing execution, and stakeholder engagement for selected global & regional programs/projects within the COE.
Your key responsibilities:
• As functional expert in this Talent category you shall contribute content and best practices to the global COE strategy, and be responsible for delivering on a portfolio of transformation initiatives, implementing regional, global and cross regional category sourcing programs across the Human Capital COE and delivering brand and quantitative value through strategic change, strong negotiations, process efficiencies and demand management.
• Implement key strategic and transformative Talent initiatives and provide structured management and accurate progress reporting on all projects.
• Act as a trusted business advisor to EY stakeholders, aligning procurement projects with the business’ pipeline and providing Exceptional Customer Services while delivery both brand and quantitative value to the bottom line through cost savings and cost avoidance.
• End-to-end delivery of sourcing projects and category management activities for EY business stakeholders, along with commercial management of EY’s Human Capital suppliers.
• Manage a portfolio of strategic suppliers through an innovative SRM program and in collaboration with the business leads and relevant stakeholders.
• Lead complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) including strong commercial contractual negotiations, while partnering with stakeholders and shared functions such as GCO, Risk Management and Vendor Assurance.
• Interact with a global team of procurement specialists and Talent & business stakeholders across multiple locations to facilitate the efficient and timely implementation or adoption of global programs & platforms (including but not limited to GigNow, VMS software, Ariba modules).
• Work closely with other business partners including Risk Management, Legal (GCO), Global Client Serving Partners, Sector Leaders, etc. on a regular basis.
• Work collaboratively with other EY Procurement leads to deliver projects in regions where there may not be category coverage/support, or when recruitment/contingent workforce sourcing expertise is required.
• Adherence to EY Procurement policy and processes, including collaboration with Legal (GCO), Risk Management and other EY support functions.
• Develop strong relationships with key EY business stakeholders and report procurement progress via regular meetings.
• Continuously deliver procurement and category insights to key stakeholders and educate the procurement process to local EY staff and stakeholders as needed.
• Solid knowledge of key suppliers and their position in the market, in addition to working through current market intelligence resources and partners to perform the latest research across the contingent workforce industry.
• High quality execution of sourcing projects in line with the Procurement policy and within the timeline as agreed with key stakeholders.
• Minimize contractual risks to EY and manage supplier relationships according to EY’s Procurement and Independence policies.
• Provide accurate monthly reporting on deals and timely submission of savings forms.
Skills and attributes for success:
• Minimum of 8-to-10 plus years of Procurement experience, including but not limited to sourcing talent acquisition/recruitment services, contingent labor, independent contractors/freelancers, professional services/consultancy, technology platforms (eg, ATS, VMS, FMS), workforce management and demand management to include covering all areas of Talent/HR spend
• Demonstrated track record of defining and delivering Procurement strategies and transformation projects in Talent Acquisition & Talent Management services such as, but not limited to Recruitment, Contingent Workforce, and Professional Services/Consultancy
• Experience of working in global and complex matrix organization and liaising with different cultures
• Understanding of strategic trends in talent acquisition/contingent workforce and what changes are occurring in the industry in whole.
• Strong of experience in direct or indirect management of global teams and senior stakeholders
• Proven people development and management skills
• Strong business acumen and ability to link business needs to sourcing strategies
• Build rapport efficiently, connects and expand network and promote teaming and consensus
• Proposes credible options, influences appropriately and reaches resolution with senior leaders
• Demonstrate effective decision-making and maturity that enhance interactions
• Adapt to the styles and cultural differences of others and incorporates feedback to maximize relationships and outcome
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in fluent business English
• The ability to travel up to 5% for strategic planning, stakeholder meetings, people management, project coordination and implementation
• Ideally have proven sourcing experience in other categories such as technology or travel
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience. Masters or MBA preferred.
• Strong procurement expertise and commercial acumen to drive sourcing and demand management strategies across a broad array of category services.
• Ability to align efforts with key stakeholders and influence these leaders, as necessary, and possess a global mindset.
• Proven track record of leading complex procurement activities, including multi-regional or global projects. High level of cultural awareness and EQ
• Strong strategic sourcing expertise and deep background in contingent worker program design, implementation and continuous process improvement and monitoring.
• Experience with managing sourcing projects in Ariba/SAP, and execution of online Rfx and e-Auctions.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to present to senior stakeholders.
• Energetic, innovative and self-motivated.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, ERP systems such as SAP.
What education we look for:
• A Bachelor’s and follow on degree in related discipline is recommended.
• CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) and CCWP (Certified Contingent Workforce Professional) is preferred.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.