Amazon Web Services Senior Security Consultant (Financials focus), AWS Professional Services in United States
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Do you like helping people envision new ways of securing a cloud infrastructure? Do you have ideas for new ways to enhancing security operations and documented best practices? The AWS Professional Services team works with Public Sector and Nonprofit customers to accelerate, optimize, and secure their journey to the cloud.
AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and we are looking for a passionate and innovative technical security implementer. You’ll have the opportunity to create new security experiences & environments for our customers covering topics including strategy & risk management, building & deploying security infrastructure, or automating security operations...and beyond.
You should be a highly technical security professional who has the ability to take customers on a journey through securing their infrastructure. You will develop highly scalable applications that adhere to cloud and security best practices.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed (50 to 75% if not based in DC, VA, MD).
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen because it provides services under a federal government contract with clearance requirements. This position is limited to individuals who can obtain and maintain the federal government clearance required by the contract.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years’ experience in implementing secure web and/or mobile applications
· Knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance services
· Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure as code
· Demonstrated experience aligning information security policies with business requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Security or equivalent experience
· AWS Associate or Professional or specialty certification or ability to get certified within three months of hire
· Current Sec+, CASP and/or CISSP certifications
· Demonstrated experience in customer-facing roles advising and counseling on IT security-related topics
· Demonstrated experience implementing information security related frameworks and standards such as FISMA, NIST CSF, HIPAA, NIST 800-53 etc.
· Demonstrated experience with encryption for data in transit and at rest, and familiarity with KMS or HSMs
· Contributed security expertise to open-source projects
· Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, IDS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
· Demonstrated experience in driving a security focused software development lifecycle
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.