University of Southern California RN Clinical Educator - Nursing Administration - Full Time 10 Hour Days (Union) (Exempt) in United States
RN Clinical Educator - Nursing Administration - Full Time 10 Hour Days (Union) (Exempt)ApplyKeck Hospital - Nursing AdministrationHospitalLos Angeles, California
The clinical educator is responsible for the development, coordination, delivery and/or evaluation of educational activities for hospital staff with a focus on patient care staff. Education will be accomplished in the clinical as well as classroom environment. The clinical educator serves as a consultant and resource for staff caring for patients as well as ancillary department staff. Utilizing appropriate education frameworks, the clinical educator assesses and determines learning needs, implements education programs, and evaluates education outcomes.
- Graduate of a state approved School of Registered Nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree required. Will consider candidate enrolled in Baccalaureate degree program.
- Master degree preferred.
- 3 years acute care nursing experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years formal or informal experience in an educator role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective, appropriate and diplomatic oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word as well as Internet access and utilization.
- Ability to participate in and utilize research for improvement of patient-care practices.
Required License/Certification: - Valid California Registered Nurse License. - Current Basic Cardiac Life Support training. - Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred. - Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
REQ20086544 Posted Date: 03/26/2020