Amazon Web Services Program Manager, Strategic Growth Public Sector Professional Services in United States
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however you will need to be based within commutable distance to a local AWS corporate office.
To meet the growing demand for Web Services globally, the Public Sector Professional Services Practice Development is seeking a dynamic, organized, and experienced Program Manager to lead strategic growth efforts that impact our ability to scale and refine our business.
You will lead collaboration with business and technical teams to define and deliver world-class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible while maintaining a strong customer focus. The business problems you address will be global in scope and cross-functional. You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting organizational KPIs and goals. You will work with multiple technical teams globally to deliver those solutions. You will be the face and voice for the project teams and ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
The successful candidate will own strategic growth efforts from conception and business approval to deliver. You will manage virtual cross-functional teams to deliver results and transition the results to a scalable team/solution as needed. Initiatives may be shorter in duration with a defined ending, while others may result in long-term work assignments. This role requires high business acumen, work experience ideally within a tech/ environment, and strong analytical skills coupled with strong collaboration and influencing skills. This is a hands-on position where the candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves”. The lead will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and constantly seek ways to invent and simplify across the business.
· Develop strategic initiatives for the global organization by evaluating current state and future trends for Professional Services and propose recommendations to effectively grow the business.
· Charter, manage and execute approved strategic projects and programs to deliver planned results.
· Transition completed initiatives to other parts of the Professional Services organization, or take full-time responsibility for initiative once completed.
· Build relationships and interlocks with internal stakeholders across the global professional services organization and other organizations in order to strengthen mechanisms needed to enable business growth.
· Manage portfolio of strategic initiatives, determining priorities in accordance with organizational needs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 7+ years of program management experience in a technical environment.
· 5+ years of experience partnering effectively with global, geographically disperse or ad-hoc teams.
· 5+ years of experience in technical, financial, business, project management.
· 5+ years of experience writing business documents and narratives; experience presenting in executive level meetings.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
· MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
· PMP/PMI-ACP certified, Certified ScrumMaster, or Certified LeSS Coach
· Lean Six Sigma certified.
· Ability to analyze, consolidate, and aggregate data from various sources.
· Be willing to act with a sense of urgency, balanced with diplomacy.
· Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs- work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams.
· Demonstrated ability to translate business strategy and goals into optimal processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
· Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills; able to articulate customer and stakeholder recommendations, balance trade-offs, drive consensus, and gain support by utilizing excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
· Experience with computing solutions and must be able to understand and articulate the value to customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.