Shore Memorial Hospital Mechanic-Painter Paper Hanger in United States
**Former SMC employees that were laid off due to COVID crisis will be given priority consideration**
*Position Summary *Responsible for preparation, paperhanging, and painting of all areas of the organization. Capable of providing any time of wall finish required including vinyl, cloth, wallpaper, etc. Performs a variety of duties through work orders, preventive maintenance, projects, and emergency response.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
? Performs routine painting and wallpaper installs throughout organization.
- Applies primers and finished materials required for both interior and exterior work including epoxy.
- Uses spray equipment to include air spray guns, airless sprayer, paint stripping machine and water pressure cleaners.
- Exhibits knowledge of procedures for the disposal and use of hazardous materials.
- Cleans equipment, mixes paints, epoxy and glue.
? Completes assigned preventive maintenance inspections following all procedural guidelines
- Completes work orders as assigned on a timely basis
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance, work orders and repairs on the appropriate forms
- Adheres to Safety Policies and procedures
- High School or Vo-Tech Graduate or equivalent experience
- Valid NJ Drivers License
- 2-4 years building painting, maintenance, and repair experience
? Must have phone or cell phone and be available for emergency and overtime work
? Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods with the Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items frequently
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Shore Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender identity, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.