Washington State DSHS ESA Support Enforcement Officer in United States
*Support Enforcement Officer 2 *
The Division of Child Support Virtual Legal Office (VLO) Daycare Team has a job opportunity for a Support Enforcement Office 2 to join their team. This specialized team interprets court documents to establish Daycare Orders. The VLO team provides administrative hearing coverage support for Washington State and can be located in any DCS office statewide.
In this role, you’ll provide direct service to clients, establishing, modifying, and enforcing Daycare Orders. See yourself in our bold, new vision of public service!
This job opportunity is for current DSHS employees.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Work with parents, their attorneys, and advocates to establish Daycare obligations and potential sanctions
- Maintain a professional approach at all times, using de-escalation skills as necessary during the course of the process
- Review work and explain child support laws and procedures
- Maintain technical expertise amidst constant changes in laws, policies, and procedures in order to be a resource for the team
- Work child support cases that could involve multiple jurisdictional or multi-government and/or Tribal child support orders and debt periods
- Provide ongoing technical and interpretive assistance regarding policies and procedures to assigned staff
- Independently establish Administrative Daycare Orders
- Analyze, interpret, and apply State, Federal, Tribal, and International laws pertaining to the legal determination of paternity and establishment and enforcement of financial and medical child support
- Independently negotiate debt repayment terms by analyzing asset and financial information
What we're looking for professionals with: Knowledge of:
- State statutes and Federal regulations and policies, federal case processing standards, court decisions, Attorney General's opinions
- Departmental regulations relating to dependent children, obligor parents, and other debtors
- Legal rights and remedies in support enforcement, paternity proceedings, and collection of accounts receivable
- Techniques of interviewing, accounting, and collection practices
Experience with Daycare Orders Ability to:
Comprehend statutes, court decisions, departmental regulations, and programs available to qualified applicants
- Interview applicants to obtain all information necessary for support enforcement services using customer service skills
- Write and speak clearly, concisely, accurately, professionally, and effectively
- Learn and utilize computer systems
Who should apply? Professionals with two years of college-level coursework, and three years of child support enforcement experience and or debt collection-related function, including the completion of Support Enforcement Officer Training Program.
Please submit the following with your completed:
- A letter of interest letter in joining our daycare team, and any experience establishing daycare orders
- Three professional references with current contact information
Questions? Regarding this job opportunity? Please contact Starr Winborne-Smith at (360) 397-9824.
Regarding the application process? Please email Brenda.Fitzpatrick@dshs.wa.gov and reference #01298. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.
Salary: $3,887.00 - $5,102.00 Monthly
Location: Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2021-01298
Closing: 2/28/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact