Legrand North America Director of Product Management in United States
At a Glance
Legrand *has an exciting opportunity for a *Director of Product Managementto join the Data Communications Division Team in Farmingdale, NY. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the Cabinet, Racks and Containment product lines. Duties are comprised of, but not limited to, strategic planning, new product development, existing product management, and ensuring that we offer integrated solutions with a consistent design and marketing message. This responsibility extends to both new and existing products. The Director functions as the primary interface between the engineering department, marketing communications and sales, and is the company expert and champion as relates to our products and roadmap.
What Will You Do?
- Work with all stake-holders to help develop product line strategies
- Assist in developing product marketing plans including product launches, technical documentation, demonstrations, and sales programs as required
- Manage overall positioning and pricing for the category
- Act as category evangelist to ensure success of new products
- Responsible for competitive market evaluation and relative position comparison (pricing, features, etc.)
- Work with engineering to write and publish technical white papers as appropriate
- Provide training and/or training programs to inside Customer Support & Sales personnel
- Assist Marcomm (or Training Department) in creating outside training materials
- Develop and manage a team of product managers
- Perform other similar and related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience in a related product category or industry. B2B product management experience is preferred.
- Data center experience required.
- Strong mechanical technical ability in sheet-metal fabrication and/or all metal fabrication is desirable
- Strategic planning experience in multi-product solution environment
- New product development and product life cycle expertise
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others
- Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to think at both a strategic and tactical level. Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business
- Strong project management skills required. Requires excellent organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
- Must be able to manage effectively in a matrix organization, influence and negotiate across boundaries
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills required. Must have the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment. Fosters open communication and support an environment of innovation and creative change
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and datato millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Data Communications Division
Legrand is a leader in network infrastructure solutions, with products designed to support data centers, building networks and audio/video applications. Legrand ensures maximum productivity in office and campus environments by providing reliable network and A/V infrastructure. Our connectivity, physical infrastructure and cable management solutions support building networks with designed-in efficiency, seamless integration and flexibility to meet changing space demands of your space. Legrand also delivers comprehensive network infrastructure to meet the expanding requirements of today’s data centers, with a range of connectivity, physical infrastructure, cable management, power and cooling solutions. These systems support next generation technologies with flexibility for future growth and energy and installation efficiencies, united by superior design.
For more information, visit legrand.us/datacom
Equal Opportunity Employer
# Positions: 1
Experience (Years): 10