Progeny CWL Mid-Level Software Engineer (544074) in United States
Progeny has an opening for a Mid-Level Software Engineer in Manassas, Virginia. The selected candidate will join a highly talented team responsible for developing the state of the art Common Weapon Launcher (CWL) for both the U.S. Navy and Royal Australian Navy submarine forces. The CWL software team is responsible for the full lifecycle development of the tactical software and runtime environment that is installed on the CWL. In addition, the software team develops test tools for both internal use and for use in other Navy lab environments. The software team works closely with other teams within the CWL team which includes System Engineering, Integration and Test, Hardware, Safety, and the Logistics team.
While this position will mostly have regular business hours, some compensated overtime hours and travel will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform unit testing of software components to prepare for integration into a larger system
· Conduct software component integration to ensure end-to-end system functionality prior to formal testing
· Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
· Provide input to the scheduling of software engineering activities
· Research, identify, and evaluate new technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Software development experience using Java, C++, or other object oriented languages
· Working knowledge and experience using Linux (basic OS comprehension and basic shell scripting), preferably Red Hat or derivatives
· Working knowledge and experience developing multi-threaded applications
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline and 5+ years of software development experience is required
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
United States Navy
United States Air Force
United States Army
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)