Amazon Web Services Customer Solutions Manager, Nonprofit Organizations in Virtual, United States
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Nonprofit organizations continue to adopt AWS to further their mission by reducing capital expenditures, increase in technical agility, and innovating new ways to connect and serve their customers.
AWS is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to engage directly with nonprofit customers and help them realize the immense benefits derived through migrating to the cloud. This role is focused on accelerating the customer cloud journey, maximizing customer value, delivering a frictionless experience, and ensuring our customers capture the full potential and sustainable business advantages of migrating to the AWS cloud.
A CSM facilitates migration initiatives and utilizes their technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to influence a broad range of multidisciplinary teams - aligning sales, solution architecture, support, product, professional services, and partners to optimize customer outcomes. A CSM works with customers and AWS stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps, break them into actionable initiatives, define scope, capture and track business and technology success criteria, identify appropriate resources to execute complex technical and organizational change management plants, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate at all levels to deliver results. CSMs assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. A CSM evangelizes on behalf of AWS and influences customers at an executive level to allocate appropriate resources to achieve goals. In the end, the CSM role is responsible for the alignment of cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, and educational) that span traditional IT teams and business units, to accelerate our customers’ journey to the cloud.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, extensive technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary verbal and written communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team’s decisions and help us drive robust customer solutions. We are passionate about people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and contributing to a team goal.
The successful candidate will:
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of an organization
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, to unlock opportunities for customers
· Possess a strong background in change management and incorporating organizational change best practices seamlessly into project delivery
· Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement
· Assist customers in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practice implementations
· Assist in developing long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team
· Ability to travel 25% to 50% as needed
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience leading complex, large-scale, IT or technical or engineering programs and projects
· 5+ years of experience in a client-facing role, leading and engaging with customers, technologists and/or partners
· Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
· Proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
· Experience in a lead role supporting large technology driven transformation projects
· Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Ability to work across functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
· Effective written and oral communication skills spanning executive leadership, business, and technical disciplines
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile experience and certification
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.