Amazon Web Services Cloud Application Developer, AWS Professional Services in United States
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects/developers to join our Professional Services organization, and help accelerate our customer’s journey to the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers, while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
We are seeking highly motivated technical architects/developers that possess a unique balance of application development/architecture, cloud migration experience and strong interpersonal business acumen to build a scalable playbook for large-scale migrations to the AWS platform.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
In this role as an experienced cloud architect/developer, you will work with our public sector customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
· Help customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
· Architect and develop customer applications to be cloud optimized
· Work as a technical leader alongside our customer’s business, development and infrastructure teams
· Provide deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
· Advise and implement AWS best practices
· Leverage Agile software development methodologies
· Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
· Professional experience developing, designing and developing applications in a Public or Hybrid Cloud environment
· Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively across organizations
· Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
· Experience with unit or automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
· Experience or familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies (Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP e.g.)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.