Vertafore Business Analyst II in United States
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Business Analysts provide business and technical expertise to our customers, including analysis, product and service implementation, training and support. BAs shape and improve the experience of key Vertafore clients. They work cross-functionally across Vertafore, including Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Product Management to help guide the client and contribute to the future growth of the team.
A business analyst at Vertafore works directly with clients as part of a cross-functional team, which means they need to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and service-focused to help nurture the client experience.
Our BA IIs develop a specialization within a specific expertise. They are capable of working independently and in a team. They are accountable and responsible for the completion of part of a project, are a mentor, and can lead a team.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
• Works with the customer and team to provide business alternatives and recommends solutions before, during, and after the implementation process.
• Identifies, evaluates, and documents customer business requirements and identifies technical needs
• Uses a variety of techniques and tools to test, verify and support client implementation projects, varying in scope and complexity
• Develops and delivers customer training for support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Collaborates with internal team to identify the best approach to implement customer requirement utilizing Vertafore products suite
• Works with customers to create business use cases and test plans for execution
• Analyzes configuration and workflow issues and documents their resolutions
• Documents customer business process workflows
• Engages in larger and more complex projects and initiatives
• Works independently to provide business alternatives and recommend solutions that may be long-term and strategic in nature
• Applies a more focused set of techniques with greater levels of expertise to resolve more complex business problems
• SME and trainer for more than one product or service
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2-4 years of work experience as a business analyst, in a technical environment preferred
• Advanced organizational skills with a project management mindset
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technically savvy (experience with XML, SQL, Databases is a must)
Additional Requirements and Details:
• Travel required up to 20% of the time.
• Located and working from an office location when required. Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
• Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis.
• Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
• Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
• Frequent sitting and/or standing.