Avantor, Inc. Associate Scientist - Compliance in United States
Job SummaryThe Associate Scientist may be responsible for compliance documentation, on-boarding new hires, and regulatory tasks. This position is expected to aid in the development of scientific discovery and support Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) for the customer. An Associate Scientist is required to follow protocols under the direction of a manager, researcher, or scientist.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE (Under minimal supervision)
· Assign required training to employees to maintain compliance
· Communicate requirements with hiring managers to assist with on-boarding
· Create modules and templates to standardize training procedures and monitor trends
· Accurately document all procedures following customer requirements
· Analyze and accurately report results to contribute to meetings and project outcomes
· Maintain documentation and follow proper archiving protocol· Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
· BS/BA degree in laboratory or applied sciences, regulatory affairs, or other relevant area of study
· Experience with safe laboratory practices and procedures is preferred
· Previous experience working in a GLP/GMP facility a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
· Technical computing skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent) · Skilled at prioritizing tasks, problem solving, and meeting deadlines
· Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups · Strong communication skills · Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
· Ability to understand and follow protocols, policies and procedures · Must be flexible, forward-thinking, and motivated · Able to act independently and manage responsibilities while following direction
DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.
Learn more at www.avantorsciences.com