Mayer Brown LLP Accounts Payable Staff Accountant in United States
Are you a high-achieving accountant seeking to be a key contributor of transformative change in a dynamic, inspiring environment?
If so, consider applying for the new Accounts Payable Staff Accountant role at Mayer Brown LLP.
Mayer Brown LLP is an iconic global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
While we currently are working remotely, we just moved to an awesome new space and are seeking a brilliant "A" player to join our Accounts Payable team in this critical, impactful role.
The Chicago-based Accounts Payable function is responsible for providing elite service to the Firm through execution of the cash disbursements cycle for its eight U.S. offices.
This involves producing immaculate work, maintaining a robust infrastructure, providing exemplary customer service and overall contributing to the betterment of the Firm. We strive for these aspirations while collaboratively solving problems and figuring out how to do things better.
We are values based and seek exceptional people who are superior performers.
A vital member of the Accounts Payable team, the Accounts Payable Staff Accountant is a key contributor in driving sustained operational excellence of the function.
Among critical responsibilities are assisting with infrastructural enhancements, ensuring pristine recordkeeping, developing metrics, assisting with daily operations and projects and supporting attorneys and colleagues with vendor and invoice management.
We’re seeking a motivated and collaborative partner to support our continuing cultivation of operational and service excellence.
An expert accountant across the board, from adeptly parsing data to analyzing information and telling a clear story to flawlessly reconciling financial activity
Obsessed with high quality, excellence and devising creative solutions
Analytical and inquisitive
Adept at parsing and reconciling data; able to interpret and tell stories with numbers and information
Technologically savvy, with advanced command of spreadsheets and related complex functions
A sharp critical thinker
Laser focused on detail, quality and accuracy in your work
Passionate about innovating and driving positive change; challenging of the status quo
An ambitious go-getter relentlessly driven to achieve in a collaborative environment
An owner of your performance, one who diligently follows through until resolution
Self-reflective and hungry for growth
Adept at balancing multiple priorities and navigating through challenges
Polished, professional and communicate exceptionally in person and in writing
Preferably a college graduate familiar with the professional services business model and accounts payable operations
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. EOE m/f/d/v/so
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance, accounting or business administration, preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job
• Minimum of two years in accounts payable strongly preferred; legal/professional services environment preferred
• Demonstrated ability to mine, analyze and interpret data required
• Exceptional accounting skills required, including financial statements, reconciliations, spreadsheets, etc.
• Savvy business sense and acumen required
• Strong knowledge of financial software, tables and infrastructure strongly preferred
• In-depth accounts payable process, controls and system expertise preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Suite expertise (including Excel, Word, Outlook) required
• Strong, authentic, credible business presence
• Sharp critical thinking and analytical skills
• Inherently self-reflective, collaborative, team-oriented
• Proactive, innovative, self-starting orientation
• Innate customer service orientation and commitment to excellence
• Tenacious problem solving and follow through capabilities
• Positive, energetic interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to identify operational opportunities and accordingly propose and implement solutions
• Natural ability to influence and elevate others, innovate and drive positive change
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• May require occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:30 - 5:00 or 9:00 - 5:30
Job Type: Exempt