S&P Global ESG Business Development Manager in Virtual, Texas
S&P Global Sustainable1 has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Business Development Manager to focus on the Non-Financial Corporates segment. The role is a business development position to support commercial growth across S&P Global's divisions.
This is a varied role which requires a flexible individual to work independently as well as part of a global team. Position may be located in S&P Global office or in a virtual setting.
You will be joining a team that provides data, tools and insights so corporations can understand financial risks related to their enterprise, communicate environmental performance, and develop new business opportunities with greener products. Our analysts have spent the last 20 years researching, standardizing and validating environmental data for the world's largest companies and investors.
As the ESG Business Development manager, you are responsible for promoting and consultatively selling a portfolio of ESG products to current and target customers at large multinational corporations, professional services organizations, academic institutions, and/or governments. You will assist in identifying key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute a sales strategy collaboratively with divisional sales members, service delivery, product management, marketing, and legal.
Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation and helping companies improve their ESG performance. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth. In doing so you will get help clients identify needs while providing ESG solutions utilizing our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity
As a key player within the sales team, you will have the opportunity to work with major clients. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as contribute to the growth of the S&P Global Sustainable1 business.
The Team / The Business
We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication, and self-starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals.
• Assist commercial teams in identifying new opportunities within the designated territory
• Join and present at appointments with senior level sustainability executives of these organizations
• Be knowledgeable about all ESG products across S&P Global
• Stay up to date on industry specific ESG knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
• Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
• Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow, using Salesforce.com
• Assist in management of long-term client relationships to continue to identify new business opportunities
• Work with clients to advise on integration of ESG data and research in their business strategies and decision-making and supporting them in use of S&P Global's data and tools
• 5+ years of experience in a new business sales role
• Previous experience in quota carrying role and a track record of exceeding sales targets
• Knowledge of corporate business processes and how ESG issues create company value or avoid risk. Understanding of corporate environmental sustainability best practices, in particular related to ESG disclosure, supply chain and supplier ESG risks, and accounting for environmental and social impacts
• Subject matter knowledge on current and emerging reporting frameworks which may include Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, the Global Reporting Initiative, Greenhouse Gas Protocol, environmental markets and carbon pricing and voluntary reporting initiatives such as CDP and DJSI.
• Experience working with large multi-national corporations or professional services organizations in a client service, sales, and/or product support role/setting.
• Proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce.com
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidence presenting to large groups, proposal writing, and enjoy networking and meeting new people
• Self-motivated and results oriented, with a positive, "can do" attitude
40 - Sales (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), SLSOUS402.2 - Middle Professional Tier II-Ou Sales (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 266756
Posted On: 2021-11-26
Location: New York, New York, United States
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race - ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.