Marriott Mgr-Hygiene (Saudi National) in Saudi Arabia
Job Number 21031820
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Dammam Hotel & Convention Centre, 1st Street, Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Sheraton+Dammam+Hotel+%26+Convention+Centre%2C1st+Street%2CDammam%2CSaudi+Arabia%2CSA)
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Responsible verifying that operations are in compliance with hygiene and food safety standards. Advises on proper food handling practices and provides food hygiene training for all new hires and trainees. Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action. Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requriements.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
Environmental Health Degree or Culinary Degree
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Hygience and Food Safety Operations
• Verifies compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requriements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
• Advises and monitors food handlers on the proper good handling practices and verifies their observance.
• Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action.
• Verifies complianace with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food operations.
• Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
• Provides in-house food hygiene training for all good handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
• Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and local food sategey and health departments on food hygiene matters.
• Conducts and records daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene condictions and provides corrective action plans as necessary.
• Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership.
• Conducts regular internal BSA inspections with culinary leadership and kitchen cleaning staff.
• Conducts regular inspections on the kitchen of kitchen equipment and verifies defects and non-conformities are remedied by the appropriate parties.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Liases with pest control company for any pest issues and monitors pest control performance.
• Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
• Regularly reviews and refreshes the food safety standards of all food handlers withing the property.
• Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety stadards throughout the operation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.