VMware EMEA Azure VMware Solution Synergy Sales Leader - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Netherlands
Azure VMware Solution (AVS) is a co-engineered Microsoft Azure offering to provide our customers acceleration in achieving their public cloud goals particularly for their VMware-based workloads. Not only are we increasing focus on the solution but driving significant synergies between our VMware and Microsoft Azure executives and sales teams. VMware is a co-seller of this offering so very strong partnership between sales teams is required for mutual success.
The leader coming into this role will help drive a strong and meaningful relationship between our VMware Core Sales leadership and the Microsoft Azure sales leadership across the EMEA Region The purpose of driving a more integrated relationship between companies and teams is to improve communication, collaboration, identify key accounts for joint pursuits, drive additional enablement across the teams and create significant acceleration in the pipeline and partnership. It will also allow leadership from both companies to get more exposure to the value and impact of the AVS offering to their customers.
Responsibilities (not limited to, but including):
• Build rapport, trust and strong relationships with both the VMware core leadership, but also the Microsoft and Azure core leadership across the EMEA Region
• Schedule interlocks at Geo and key vertical respective sales leadership.
• Work closely with operations and sales to determine dashboards and updates for the repeating interlocks to drive meaningful discussions and action items that can be measured
• Support a defined, data drive process for proactive customer identification for joint VMware and Microsoft sales pursuits along with tracking of progress through deal closure
o Report regularly back to sales leadership with clear data on progress
• Partner with Azure and Microsoft sales leadership to determine knowledge gaps among the AVS sellers to develop a roadmap of enablement and own the delivery of that enablement through the appropriate channels
• Manage field conflict that may arise between VMware and Microsoft/Azure account teams and mediate resolutions for a successful joint sales pursuit
• Partner with sales leaders and Alliances to evolve route to market motion
• Effectively communicate progress to executive sales leadership on interlock success, outcomes, action items and proactive account planning
• Influence sales executives, leaders and account managers through integrity and follow through
• We are interested in individuals who embody and can demonstrate our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
• Quickly build relationships across a large Geo and two companies with multiple segments.
• Ask the right questions and actively listen to the needs of the sales leadership across VMware and Microsoft to achieve buy in and trust
• Ability to drive influence and support from those in which you don’t have direct management over by adding tremendous value to their business, willingness to do tactical activities to impact the broader partnership and maintain professional persistence
• Extensive sales or channel/alliance experience with a knowledge of cloud services and consumption models
• Experience building a joint pursuit plan between two large partners
• Able to work across multi-function/matrix organization to achieve desired results
• An outstanding “team” mindset. We work and win as one team
• Articulate the value of the Azure VMware Solution, the impact to our customers and impact to migration timelines
• Flexibility in vision and strategy to fit the needs of your stakeholders (VMware and Microsoft Azure Sales Leadership)
• Executive presence in order to provide data and content that resonates, but also keep sales professionals and executives progressing through meetings
• Organized with the ability to track multiple projects, meetings, preparation, execution, follow up and planning
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.