Amazon Web Services Senior Solutions Architect, Energy in Virtual Location - Texas, Texas
Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas can help reshape the future of the Energy industry and improve the lives of many. Here at AWS, you'll work with a talented & inclusive team while using cutting-edge technologies to help our customers accelerate the global energy transition. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun and make history.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technologist who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to build the future with us as a Solutions Architect supporting one of some of the largest Energy companies in the world. You will craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. These solutions always keep the customer and their experience first.
In partnership with Global Account Managers, you will shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and enable the broad use of AWS within the organization. You exercise good judgement in balancing short-term value with longer-term supportability and are keenly aware of how technological changes might impact your solutions. You are never constrained by the realities of today. You can see areas where AWS and our partners can innovate and work across organizations (both internal and external) to deliver new value to our customers.
You will adeptly interact, communicate and partner with other teams at AWS such as product, marketing, and professional services, and represent your team to executive management. You possess a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. Your dynamism, creativity and passion for excellence will make a positive impact with your customer.
A day in the life
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
· 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
· 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
· Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
· 8+ years of design, implementation, consulting or product management experience relevant to distributed applications and development, infrastructure architecture, database architecture or networking.
· A demonstrated passion for developing solutions and applying them to drive business value.
· A technical degree in basic sciences, technology, physics, engineering or math required or a non-technical degree with four years of relevant professional experience.
· Strength in design, customer experience solutions.
· Significant depth of experience in one or more of: cloud solutions, virtualization platforms, software development, operational management practices and frameworks, front-end/full-stack, customer experience and design centered development/architecture
· Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
· Systems or data integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
· Cloud certifications or professional experience building cloud-native solutions
· Fluency in a high-level programming languages such as Python, JS or modern approaches to infrastructure-as-code
· Demonstrated abilities to lead small organizations and deliver global architectures with local country complexities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills across broad and diverse audiences of varying technical depth with specific strength in presentations and representation in industry or domain events.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.