Vectrus BAS/PMS Technician in Iraq
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
* POSITION SUMMARY: *
THISPOSITION REQUIRES A DOD SECRET CLEARANCE – DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE
Under the supervision of the OperationsManager, the BAS Technician isresponsible for monitoring, adjusting,repairing and servicing of various Building Automation Systems within theportfolio. This position requires the ability to communicate clearly with thecustomers, subcontractors and fellow employees. Must have the ability to workindependently and perform required job duties to ensure customer satisfaction.
* MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: * Pleaselist by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of timespent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Administers preventive maintenance programsfor assigned facilities; inspects facility and utility systems to determinerepair or replacement needs.
2.Monitors the Building Automation Systems (BAS), which controlsall mechanical systems including continuous monitoring of AHU control parameters, VAV boxes, equipment scheduling and operations.
3. Develops utility-related long-range plansfor upgrading systems within the area of responsibility and recommendingreplacement of equipment and associated costs estimates.
4. Develops strategies and acts to reduce thelikelihood of a significant disruption of mechanical/electrical systems (i.e.,heating, cooling, electricity, water, etc.) and assures around-the-clockresponsiveness to control failures or emergency situations.
5.Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, and any other administrative duties required for the BAS Systems.
6. Maintains and repairs BAS modules, panels, components and fiber optic lines; performs calibrationsand repairs on all BAS devices.
7. Maintain on‐going project as‐builtdocumentation.
8. Contributes to the overall success of the operationsand maintenance program by performing all other duties and responsibilities asassigned.
* MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED: *
Computer skills include a workingknowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Requires working knowledge ofmaintenance and testing of digital and analog equipment as well as knowledgeand skill in computer systems. Mechanic's hand tools, shop tools, multi-meter,gauges and hydraulic man-lifts.
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT: *
Harshand dangerous working and living conditions. Employee may regularly be exposedto extreme and austere desert-like environment where temperatures can reach120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months.Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day.Willing to work additional hours when missionrequires. Will be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to emergencysituations.
* PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: *
Workwill require lifting to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing,prolonged sitting, climbing ladders and crawling in/through small spaces.Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certainareas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso,respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA,Fire Regulations and published company work rules. Employee must meet Theater PhysicalStandards in accordance with client standards .
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Education/Certifications * : One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma (or GED) required.
TechnicalDegree or Journeyman's license in HVAC, Electricalor Direct Digital Control Systems.
Anactive Secret clearance is required.
* Experience * :
· Minimum five years, of which must have been spentworking in direct maintenance with Siemens or Honeywell BAS and a minimum ofthree-years’ experience working in direct maintenance on BAS in large, moderncommercial or Government office buildings.Minimum five years, of which must have been spentworking in direct maintenance with Siemens or Honeywell BAS and a minimum ofthree-years’ experience working in direct maintenance on BAS in large, moderncommercial or Government office buildings.
· Handson experience analyzing situations and making frequent technical decisionsbased on manufacturer’s specifications.Handson experience analyzing situations and making frequent technical decisionsbased on manufacturer’s specifications.
· Experience working with USG building trade,construction, fire and safety codes and standards are highly desirable.Experience working with USG building trade,construction, fire and safety codes and standards are highly desirable.
· Knowledgein the discipline of operations and maintenance projects in an internationalenvironment is preferred.Knowledgein the discipline of operations and maintenance projects in an internationalenvironment is preferred.
* Skills * :
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills enoughto effectively communicate with employees, management and the client.Must have excellent oral and written communication skills enoughto effectively communicate with employees, management and the client.
· Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural workforce ispreferred.Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural workforce ispreferred.
· Experiencewith computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and building managementsystems (BMS), specifically Honeywell and/or Siemens.Experiencewith computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and building managementsystems (BMS), specifically Honeywell and/or Siemens.
· Knowledgeable in DDC applications pertaining tothe HVAC industry.Knowledgeable in DDC applications pertaining tothe HVAC industry.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving history.
· Manufacturers certifications for Siemens and/orHoneywell BAS.Manufacturers certifications for Siemens and/orHoneywell BAS.
* SUPERVISORY/BUDGETRESPONSIBILITIES: *
This position willbe available to respond on-call twenty-four hours a day and seven days perweek.
Job: Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade
Title: BAS/PMS Technician
Requisition ID: PEN002051
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.