Marriott Leisure Club Associate (Full Time) in United Kingdom
Job Number 21059142
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, St. Pierre Park, Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=St.+Pierre+Marriott+Hotel+%26+Country+Club%2CSt.+Pierre+Park%2CChepstow%2CWales%2CGB)
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The impact you’ll make
Leisure Associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
What you’ll do
· Provide information to guests about available recreation facilities and activities. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests.
· Maintain the fitness centre cleanliness and supply, including wiping down machines, taking towels to laundry and removing rubbish. Maintain an adequate supply of cups and water in recreation area.
· Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures. Distribute lockers and towels to guests.
· Conduct inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment and inform supervisor/manager of low supply items.
· Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility intended for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
· Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility.
· Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
What we’re looking for
• Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Pro-active and reliable
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Previous experience working within Leisure environment
Perks you deserve
• Discounts on hotel rooms and food and beverage
• Learning and development opportunities
• Recognition programs
• Wellbeing programs
• Encouraging management
• Team-spirited colleagues
You’re welcomed here
When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking, and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests , our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and great dining at our hotel's three outlets.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.