VMware Senior Business Solutions Strategist, NEMEA - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Belgium
Are you passionate about building customer relationships and looking for a role where you can make an exciting business impact? The VMware Advisory Team is an EMEA organisation investing in our strategic account base to develop and demonstrate client transformation strategies aligned to their business goals that is actionable, fundable, and measurable.
The Business Solutions Strategist (BSS) is a senior level individual who will work closely with our sales teams and other Advisory Services program roles to drive enterprise customer advisory services. We have ownership for growing revenue and strategic solutions within our most strategic VMware customers by supporting account and services sales teams in the VMware sales process.
We collaborate with the VMware account teams to devise a business technology strategy for selected customers, inclusive of business alignment (the WHY), future state definition and measurements (the WHAT) and transformation execution (the HOW).
As a BSS you need to demonstrate proficiency in all VMware solutions and be able to influence customer opportunities leading to revenue increase and customer growth. Using a structured engagement framework, you will identify the future state of a customer’s business, determine a desired future state, and develop/agree a customer roadmap. You will define the business requirements, solutions strategy and future digital transformation plan (including value modelling and business cases). The EMEA Advisory team is passionate about creating and growing >$10m engagements across the spectrum of VMware solutions. Therefore, you will be practised in operating at C-Level to become a trusted advisor to the client.
In addition to sales and scope management expertise, you will need knowledge surrounding Application Transformation and Modernisation, Multi-cloud, Cyber Security, End-User Compute and Modernised Data Centre Practices, with demonstration of business technology justification and industry trends. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware’s solutions, you will advise clients on issues related to the digital transformation strategy and complexity trade-offs of technical and business transformation impact. Strong knowledge and experience in Application Transformation would be of particular interest.
Experience of Change Management, and Transformation of the full complement of People, Process and Technology is essential to crafting a series of advisory services work streams and work packages to define the customer’s long-term IT strategy. You will run customer discovery, business imperative, executive playback and value realization workshops using the Advisory Services Engagement Framework, building replicable collateral and best-practices.
ADVISORY Engagement Framework:
· Discovery and Business Landscape workshops (Discovering, Developing and Demonstrating value)
· Customer strategy and Transformation planning
· Business IT Alignment (As-Is / To-Be)
· Business Technology workshops
· Benefit Dependency Networks
· Strategy and Roadmap creation
· Value Modelling
· Business Case development and demonstration
· Exploring Future Technology/Industry Technology trends and analysis
ADVISORY BSS Responsibilities:
· You will work with account teams on the most strategic customer accounts for VMware by developing an Advisory Services Engagement Framework to influence and grow the size of large deals
· Build, maintain and enhance the Engagement Frameworks within accounts demonstrating growth of customer opportunity
· Define, develop and implement elements of the Advisory Services Catalogue and consulting insights to grow potential value of VMware solutions inside the account plans with account teams
· Effectively communicate fact-based solutions strategy to the customer, third parties and the project teams
· Participate in the sales and pre-sales process to understand and influence customer business technology objectives and requirements
· Ensure that propositions are representative of the customer technology strategy, are tangible, that they are deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
· Build and maintain C-level relationships with strategic accounts
· Reporting on Advisory Services activity which is influencing customer opportunities and is aligned to the VMware selling process within assigned territory
· Ensure effective client engagement and stakeholder management during an Advisory Engagement Framework
· Drive business development to support pre-sales activities, with a focus on identifying, scoping and proposing services engagements
· Participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware
· Develop new business opportunities on focused accounts
· Adhere to VMware sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits and support the creation of relative contribution for Advisory in EMEA
· Maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
· Business development experience in a management consulting or ‘big 4’ consulting environment to an executive level
· Business solutions experience in a consulting environment, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and customer transformation strategies
· Demonstrable techniques in developing customer relationships at C-Level including building trusted advisor status
· Experience in a consultancy lead role for teams including virtual teams and Subject Matter Experiences
· Presentation, executive client management and business development skills
· Ideally possess experience in several industry verticals (Telco, Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.)
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.