IBM Penetration Testing Consulting Manager in Australia
X-Force Red, IBM Security’s team of veteran hackers, is looking for a Penetration Testing Manager to lead the team in Sydney or Melbourne.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What will I be doing?
This role will have two main responsibilities: leading consulting engagements to test clients’ application and network assets; and pre-sales work to support X-Force Red projects.
• Drive pre-sales engagements of complex deals (RFP’s) as well as post-sales delivery
• Develop local team capabilities and operational processes
• Assist with development of regional go-to-market and delivery strategies
• Collaborate as part of diverse and dynamic teams and be a mentor to other X-Force Red consultants
Engagements typically range from two weeks through to six weeks for more complex engagements.
There is a potential for 20% travel, including international travel, depending on project requirements and travel restrictions.
What skills and experience will I need?
• Proven knowledge, experience & passion for application security along with tenacious problem-solving skills.
• You should exhibit a solid understanding of networking and common protocols
• You should also exhibit a solid understanding of application and API testing
• Demonstrated ability to lead large groups and be a mentor to other consultants
• Demonstrated experience working in a project based / client serving consulting model
• Experience in project scoping and pre-sale support
• 5+ Years Experience in the IT and/or Security sector with 1-2 years in a management role
One of more of these skills or experience may be helpful to have:
• Demonstrated experience facilitating and/or presenting at conferences
• Certifications such as OSCP, OSCE and GREM are helpful to have
• Experience in testing of OT, ICS, or SCADA environments
• Experience with Hardware, IoT or Automotive testing
• Experience with Reverse Engineering
• Experience with Social Engineering and OSINT
• Experience with Red Team and advance Evasion techniques
• Personal projects related to technology and/or Security
We welcome applications across Australia. Currently the team are based mostly out of Sydney and Melbourne however work remotely.
The successful applicant must have the ability work in Australia without the requirement of sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
There is no other company like IBM and there is no business professional like the IBMer. We are experts in nearly every technical scientific and business field. We are citizens of, and apply our expertise in, more than 170 countries. Yet we are united by a single purpose: to be essential. IBMers change how the world works. Be part of our team.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.