Marriott Assistant Rooms Operations Manager - Resort in Aruba
Job Number 21032085
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, L.G. Smith Boulevard #101, Palm Beach, Aruba, Aruba VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Aruba+Marriott+Resort+%26+Stellaris+Casino%2CL.G.+Smith+Boulevard+%23101%2CPalm+Beach%2CAruba%2CAW)
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for successfully executing all operations in two departments (Front Office and Food and Beverage/Culinary or Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeds them.
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s) understand the brand service culture.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
Supporting Safety Standards and Work Procedures
• Implements property emergency plan.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
• Implements and sustains property accident prevention programs.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity, goal achievement and to determine areas in need of cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Ensures barriers to achieving goals are being discussed and resolved by the team.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Ensures that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Leads by example and demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
• Ensures training plans are in place and being executed.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Ensures Continuous Improvement Meetings (CIMS) are taking place weekly in each department.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Provides support for operations functions as appropriate
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.