AvalonBay Communities Server Administrator in Virginia Beach, Virginia
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. AvalonBay currently owns and operates approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employs approximately 3,000 associates.
We are currently searching for a Computer Specialist to sit in our Customer Care Center in Virginia Beach, VA.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow. You will enjoy on-going training, advancement potential and the opportunity to be part of an award winning management team. If you have a positive attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and you are a team player; we would love to hear from you.
The Server Adminstrator maintains computer networking system in an office environment by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems and improving efficiency by evaluation system network functions. Monitors storage use and resources and troubleshoots storage related issues.
Esstential Job Functions:
• Administers server networking system including monitoring, updates/upgrades, backup and improving efficiency.
• Administers, maintains, and troubleshoots Storage Area Networks (SAN). Develops storage allocations, defines backup and archival procedures.
• Manages performance monitoring, back-ups, reporting, problem identification, management, and resolution.
• Directs storage activities such as planning, installation, operation and maintenance of storage systems, switches and other hardware.
• Creates and maintains documentation to identify network/storage hardware, software/system configuration, applications diagrams, service records and connectivity.
• Provides input for disaster recovery and security plans.
• Recommends server and storage configurations for business applications to ensure critical systems are available to support business operations.
• Monitors and supports business applications to ensure critical systems are available to support business operations.
• Responsible for supporting specified office systems\applications.
All other tasks assigned by manager.
- High school diploma OR equivalent required.
Training in MS Windows Server and Storage Management preferred
At least 2 years of experience managing Windows Sever technologies, HP Bladesystem (Onboard Administrator) and networking.
Virtualization experience with VMware technologies, ESXi 4.1/5.0, vCenter, SRM, and Update Manager.
MDS switch expertise (zoning) and Virtualization experience with VMware technologies, ESXi 4.1/5.0, vCenter, SRM, Update Manager preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
Creates and delivers group presentations on function-related subject matter and writes reports in a clear, concise form.
Performs basic arithmetic skills (measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) in order to do basic calculations and analyses such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and calculating totals as outlined under the Business Math Policy (8-01) in the AvalonBay Procedures Manual.
Performs basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Frequently operates general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine, and postage machine
How AvalonBay Supports You
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.